Further training dates released for the autumn
We introduced our locksmith training courses back in 2012 because we wanted to work closer with the people installing and servicing our coded locks on a daily basis. The locksmiths that attend give us valuable feedback, allowing us to make further improvements to our product line. In return, we give them the opportunity to refresh their technical knowledge and gain free access to expert tuition.
The locksmiths tell us that the knowledge they gain gives them more confidence when installing and programming keyless locks for their customers. Here is what some locksmiths said about our training sessions earlier in the year:
“The training was first class. All my questions were answered and it was a pleasure to learn the different ways of coding locks. I left very satisfied!”
“The session was well structured and informative. The group was small enough to allow for questions and extra help for those unfamiliar with Codelocks’ products.”
“I found the training very useful and it will give me much more confidence in changing my customers’ access codes when they purchase digital locks from me.”
The training courses have been very popular, so much so that we’ve announced further dates later on in the year. The training sessions will take place on September 4th, 18th October 2nd, 16th, 30th November 13th, 27th and December 11th. Morning sessions start at 10:30am and finish at 1pm, while afternoon sessions start at 2pm and finish at 4:30pm. Both sessions include a buffet lunch.
The agenda is as follows:
- Introduction – company and product overview.
- Mechanical digital locks – installation tips, how to change the code, and servicing (for example how to replace the lever handle, return springs, damaged control bars and tumblers).
- Electronic digital locks – installation tips, programming, and servicing (for example how to change the PCB board and motor clutches).
- KitLock – how to install and operate digital cabinet locks, and advice on applications.
- Business opportunities – there are many situations where basic mechanical push-button locks can be upgraded either with a more advanced mechanical lock or with an electronic lock. We look at two products in particular that are ideal ‘retrofit’ solutions.
- Q&As – an opportunity to ‘ask an expert’.
To book on a course or check availability, please visit our website and fill out our on-line booking form or contact us on 01635 239645. We are always on the lookout for locksmiths willing to test our products or write a review so please get in touch, especially if you have interesting or unusual applications for our products.
Alternatively, James (our service manager, on the left) and Roy (our national sales manager, on the right) will be on our stand (no.120) at MLA Expo, in Telford from 13th to 15th September and they’d be happy to answer any questions you have about the training. We look forward to seeing you there.